1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZP38 - 'blue' disappearing from picture..

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Dave Knight, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Dave Knight

Dave Knight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Wondered if anyone else has experienced this, everything else about the TV has been great, got the setup perfect after looking through these forums, but every now and then (no particular reason) when viewing DVD or GameCube via Component, the 'Blue' part of the picture just goes.. as if I'd unplugged the 'Blue' cable. Actually taking the cable out of the TV and back in again doesn't change the picture (just to prove it was the blue one!)

Turning off the TV and back on again 9/10 sorts it. Occasionally have to leave it for a few minutes too ???

Had the TV for a few months now, and this is the only issue we've had apart from the initial setting up getting the right picture mode etc. and TiVo clashing til we got the Fastext upgrade.

Any ideas, I've checked all the cables all are seated fine, I'm using a Yamaha amp where both component inputs are plugged into and then another cable goes from amp to TV. It happens very intermittently (say once a week) so very difficult to put down to anything at all...

Well thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Dave

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Dave,

These intermittant connection problems are generally the most difficult faults to find (just to cheer you up! :laugh: ).

It's really down to a matter of elimination, but you'll need lots of patience.

First, try plugging just the DVD into the offending socket.

Then if the fault occurs (eventually!) you'll know it's not the Game Cube or Yamaha.

On the other hand, if all's well after a couple of weeks, try the Game Cube alone, etc etc...

(If your memory is like mine, best to write all the tests down!)

Eventually a common denominator should emerge. :clap:

Best of luck!