Toshiba 36ZP18Q + xbox360: component video no sound?

timo_gua49

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hoping for some help. I got a toshiba 36zp18q, it came with all the external speakers and remote but no manual...

It's hooked up to the digibox no probs.

However, I've plugged my xbox into the component video and there is no sound. I have tried putting the red/white audio cables in and also feeding it via the digital output. But nothing.
As I have no manual for the telly, I can't work out if I'm being daft, or it is just broken...

help??

i have been a twonk. what i thought was a digital audio cable from the xbox isn't. i need to buy an optical cable...

oh, and thanks for the link!

Hi All,

Hoping for some help. I got a toshiba 36zp18q, it came with all the external speakers and remote but no manual...

It's hooked up to the digibox no probs.

However, I've plugged my xbox into the component video and there is no sound. I have tried putting the red/white audio cables in and also feeding it via the digital output. But nothing.
As I have no manual for the telly, I can't work out if I'm being daft, or it is just broken...

help??

We have the 36ZP38 and our 360 is wired through component and as you describe in bold and works fine but can`t remember if we needed to change some settings in the TV sound options.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom