Toshiba 36ZP18P has a wonky image, service menu to fix?

arcinq

Standard Member
Just moved house and brought my lovely toshiba 36" 16:9, 36ZP18P, it's a pita to move but it made it.

Set up all my kit, fired it up and everything is all wonky on the screen. It's not just things i'm inputting into it, even the OSD is a wonk. I suspect it's taken a knock in the van :(

Is it ruined? Can i recalibrate / straighten it. Is there a hidden menu on there that toshiba have hidden from me?

I know i should get a new screen, but one wasn't budgeted for this month!!

:(

found the service menu.. but am not sure what it all does. Also found the 'designer menu'

theres nothing near it that i've put there, but i suppose its possible that there is something on the otherside of the wall..

ok, couple of pictures. this shows the 'wonk'

tv_wonk.jpg

and here is the gap at the top right of the screen. there is a slight amount of discolouration around this corner.

tv_corner.jpg

the rest of the screen is fine, no colour shift, no distortion from magnets etc and it doesn't flicker.

I have looked on here; List of UK Toshiba TV Service Menu Options for info on the service menu, but nothing strikes me as tilt. The options i have on the service menu are;

RCUT
GCUT
BCUT
GDRV
BDRV
CNTX
BRTC
COLC
COLP
COLS
COLD
SCNT
TNTC
SBY
SRY
HPOS
VPOS
HIT
VLIN
VSC
VPS2
WID
PARA
CNR
TRAP
VFC

I don't want to blindly change settings through fear of damaging the television.

Please help me :(

NST

I don't want to blindly change settings through fear of damaging the television.

Indeed, I would leave the service menu alone and contact a local TV repair company. I know it's stating the obvious but they'd need to open it up to see if the scan coils have moved and/ or any magnets/ purity rings on or near the CRT neck.
It does looks like the scan coils have rotated slightly, but again it would require the services of an engineer to inspect it.

For now do not use the set, as the discolouration in the corners may permanently damage the screen.

mikejjj

As above really looks as if the scan coils have moved :rolleyes: , for what it's worth i have a tosh 36zp48p picture frame up for sale in a week or so with new DFS module fitted and a new one to go with it .

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom