1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZP18 (to buy or not to buy...)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Silent Fly, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Silent Fly

Silent Fly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to buy a 36ZP18.

Why? I like the style, it is smaller that some 32” and from what I can tell from a quick visit to my local Dixon, the image is very good. Moreover, it is the only 36” that my wife thinks it is not too big for our living room.

I read that this television has some problems (or should I say system feature?) but reading the various threads I cannot understand if the problems are still present.

In a nutshell, the question is: do you know if the problems have been sorted out with the introduction of the model ‘Q’ (36ZP18Q)?

Are the problem present on every television produced (i.e. system feature)?

Thanks for your comments

Silent Fly

2. orange

orange

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically gte them set-up correctly, ie: not to much brightness or contrast, about 50 on each seems to be fine, and the sets are very good.

Also don't start looking for the faulst, every 36" widescreen TV has "features" due to the technology used.

Buy from John Lewis if at all possible for after service care if you do encounter any issues.

Enjoy!

3. Silent Fly

Silent Fly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would love to buy it from John Lewis but I checked the prices at JL in Sloane Sq and it is more than £1,600 (I can't remember exactly).

www.rgbdirect.co.uk offers the 36ZP18Q at £1,410...

Silent Fly

4. jase the space

jase the space
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Get JL to do a price match and also get their free 5 yr warranty thrown in too. Alternatively do the same with House of Fraser.

5. orange

orange

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would recommend you take the worst case, the set turns-up and does not work so you need to get it replaced.

Which will be the easiest, most accomadating, who can you go a look in the eye if you are not happy with the set.

Chances are the set will be fine, but if you are paying that much money you need to make sure you will get good after sales service you may won't to do some research inot rgbdirect.co.uk, if they come back ok then go for it.

6. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    It's very unlikely that you'll be able to get either HOF or JL to do this. IF (and it's a very big "if"!) you can get a match on the price from rgbdirect.co.uk, the 5 year warranty will not be included. The price match is dependant on the product being offered being exactly the same - even down to the warranty's (ie - in order to get a 5 year warranty as part of the price match, the price being matched also has to include a 5 year warranty). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Kelvin.

7. ned

ned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ive recently bought this tv from didtal direct in bolton,they delivered 2 days after ordering couldnt fault the set or the price etc very satisfied iv e got mime hooked up to a tosh 210e dvd via component cable v highly satisfied like people say play about with settings etc you really cant fault the set

will be putting pics of set up on gallery soon happy veiwing :cool:

8. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    i have this for sale. PM me if your interested, it comes with a 5 year transferable warranty and is under a year old.