TOSHIBA 36zd26p V PHILLIPS 36pw9607c

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by andrew constant, Jun 29, 2002.

1. andrew constant

andrew constant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Ihave a arcam dv 88 and i want to obtain the best possible pictuer from a 36 inch tv can any one give me some advice ?

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Is that the new Tosh? If so I haven't seen it perform, but I put the 9607 alongside the 36ZP18P and the Philips won, even though the Tosh has component input. I have the 9607 now and its excellent with DVDs. Only drawback is the usual 100 Hz digital stuff, but the Philips is not alone for that, and pixel plus just blows me away.

But don't take my word for it - try to see them in action. This sort of thing is very subjective.

3. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    A couple of us here have just got the 32 inch version over the past few days. It is suposedly able to accept Prog Scan but this has yet to be confirmed here on the forums + has component inputs. take alook here for a thread on the set

Paul