1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZD26P - Is it still the TV to go for?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Hades, May 13, 2003.

1. Hades

Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,136
    Hi there,

After many fantastic comments in these forums I have been the proud owner of the 32ZD26P for some 6 months now. This TV has just been a dream to own. However I have a buyer in the wings waiting to grab it off me. So I want to move up to a 36" TV now and the 36ZD26P appeals to me big time.

Just wondering if anyone has bought one recentley and are they still the dogs nads? I only need a TV for picture quality. I do not require DPL or DD or DTS built in. That was another thing that attracted me to the 32" version.

I have read the intersting thread listing the known issues. I had the buzzing with me 32" but the longer I had the more the buzzing died down, I don't even notice now. Apart from that though, there was no other issues.

So is the 36" Toshiba model the right move up for me? I notice RGB have them at £1269 and if I had bought one yesterday then Empire Direct had them at £1169.

Thoughts comments much appreciated once more.

Cheers,

Gary.

2. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    For those prices Id definetly get one, I bought mine for £1400 and still love it to bits mate. Best non-DD-DTS widescreen IMO.

3. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd echo bash's comments. I've had my 36ZD26P for six months now and it's fantastic. Still has the power to drop my jaw with certain pictures it produces.

For the money, and if you get a good one, there's nothing to touch it.