1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZD26P Buying

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Biker, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Biker

Biker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its nearly time to buy it ..
    Tosh 36ZD26P showing as GBP 1325 from RGB on website.:D

This must be the best price from a authorised dealer? wonder if John Lewis will price match ?

Is it the best 36" TV for off air ?

My post code shows as having crap digital signal so will have to go analogue for a while .. Any guidance on how to set up one of these beasts would be welcome for broadcast and best DVD setup would be welcome .

2. matt janes

matt janes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can you post the web link please?

3. highlanders

highlanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
  4. highlanders

highlanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Feel a bit better it's showing £1369.99 + £49 del.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I contacted John Lewis they had never heard of the set and said they couldn't find out if it would ever be coming in (?) the best they could suggest was that I could ring back in a few weeks and see if anyone had heard anything about it then. What great customer service they have!

I have been looking for this set everywhere on the internet and so far have come up with:

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/PartnerVisit?location=842680&partnerID=190&action=1&tagID=no who have it for £1900, presumably could get interest free on this though.

http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/PRC/PRC.storefront/EN/product/36ZD26 who have it for £1439 with no interest free

http://www.hed.co.uk/showitem.asp?CAT=&PID=3220 where its 1495 with a buy now pay in 6 months option

http://www.robinsonselectric.co.uk/toshiba.htm where it's £1576 with no interest free

http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/shop2/contact.htm (thanks Highlanders) £1299 with 6 months interest free

http://www.robertsons-online.co.uk/acatalog/Robertsons_Online_36__Widescreen_35.html Where it's £1380 with no interest free

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/ where its £1463 with no interest free

Phew. I'm still pondering what to do, £600 is a VERY big premium to pay to get it from a high street name, but I don't know if I could put up with having to sort things out over the phone if it's not quite right.

Has anyone ever used any of the above retailers? Any comments/recommendations/warnings?

Has anyone found it any where else?

Thanks
    Owain

6. Boxster

Boxster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Purchased 36ZD26P from Robertsons, good service. Toshiba deliver and install using their own crew. The stand was faulty on delivery, Robertsons got it changed out in a week
    Space is a little limited inside the cabinet so trying to figure out what amp to get as
    Digibox and Echostar boxes looping thru to the RGB Scart 1 using scart 2 output on the Tosh to VHS. (this feature only works when Tosh is switched on).
    I need the following spec.
    DVD with component output, progressive scan, multi region preferably with integral 5/6.1 amps and 2 digital inputs. Needs to be a good stereo amp Interested in new peakers maybe be B&W VM1. Any ideas
    The Linn looks good but video output is lacking.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the feedback. I have a Sony DVP NS900 which I find absolutely brilliant. It has SACD capability, was pre-modded to multi region/RCE, has built in dolby digital and DTS and has component video outputs. One thing it is lacking is progressive output via the components (this is a feature on the US version, so if you can get an import then you may be happier). Having said that my region 1 collection is not that massive, so I wouldn't use it loads any way.

The sound quality from SACD is mind-blowing and the picture is similarily high quality - I haven't seen it through component output yet, but if it lives up to the RGB and S Video then I'll be very chuffed. I got mine for £425 from practical Hifi about 4 months ago and I'm sure you can get it for less now.

As for speakers I have Kef Q series centres and rears and would be very happy to get hold of some fronts in the same series, great looks and more importantly great sound. Centres and Fronts are bi-wireable.

HTH
    Owain

8. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Try here for the Tosh SD_510E Prog Scan and multi region

Paul

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have spoken to sound and vision in Bolton about this set and they can offer it for £1400 with 9 months buy now pay later. I am very tempted by this offer - a local dealer with a reasonable price and a showroom I can walk in to.

I have heard some not too encouraging comments on this board, and was wondering what others could contribute about whether they have found this company to be any good or not. Obviously comments within the forum rules only. Are there any satisfied customers to counter the dis-satisfied ones? I'd particularly like to hear form people who have had experience returninng faulty goods.

Thanks
    Owain

10. liamjf

liamjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    It's £1170 inc. delivery at Robertsons-Online :D

11. topmba

topmba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    How long will it take for Robertsons to deliver, after you parted with your hard earned? A punter on this forum waited 7 weeks.

By that time the PictureFrame 2 will be out.

Why is the price difference between the ZT and ZP models not the same in 32" and 36". After all the Integrated Digital Reciever and the Dolby Digital components are EXACTLY the same. But they put a price premium of £150 on one and £350 on the other.

12. leeb

leeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Do you have any info on the Picture Frame 2 model? Can't find anything about it on the web.

Thanks.

13. topmba

topmba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Only what has already been said in another thread.

I imagine they will put the back of the strata into it, to round it off. They may also put the Strata´s firmware.

I don´t reckon the front will change much.

14. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I am looking at getting the 36" version. I was looking at this in JL and could only see a very small gap at the back of the stand to let out all the wiring. Is this a problem if you have the full monty, DVD player, VHS, Amp, cable box and a console or two?

15. topmba

topmba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Which JL stocks the 36"Strata?

16. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Sorry mate, I should have phrased my last post better. I saw the 32" at JL and then saw the 36" on the web for the same price JL were doing the 32" so I decided why not go for the bigger screen.

I have ordered from empiredirect, any of you guys ever delt with them?

17. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Just thought I'd add that I recently took delivery of a 36ZD after waiting for more than 5 weeks for a ZT. I bought it from a local shop called 'World of Power' in Walthamstow for £1400 inc delivery and help with installation (cabinet etc!). I did have the ZT on order for £1550 but got tired of waiting as NTL were due to install and I wanted the TV in time for this.

Basicaly Online price with a face to put the name to, as opposed to filling in your details in a load of data entries.

Would recommend as long as they have stock!

also should add that TV had B after model number to confirm its UK origin AND brand new Toshiba white tape to confirm its newness ;)