1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZD26 Shimmering - HELP!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by brianjkane, Mar 19, 2003.

1. brianjkane

brianjkane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I posted a few months ago regarding a problem with a shimmering/smearing effect with movement of dark colours or on a dark background.

This effect appears on all sources, all scan modes and I've had 2 engineers who have gave me the bog standard "these TVs are never perfect!" line.

I was told however that I could take this up with my dealer. I bought the set abput 5 mths ago from Empire Direct and although the problem has always been there, I thought that it would gradually disappear (being a novice on these matters).

Any advice on my chances of a replacement or on how this problem could be rectified either by myself or an engineer?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    In my experience You have every chance of a replacement with Empire

They changed my 9 month old PB50 when I phoned them , this was after it was taken away for a week's repair when it was less than a week's old

Just be polite , but also be assertive !

for the record , the replacement was doa , so they sent another , this had poor geometry so they offered me a refund , I asked for one last set ,but this was also bad .At that point I accepted the refund