1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36ZD26 question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by LeonidS, Mar 15, 2003.

1. LeonidS

LeonidS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could somebody advice me please. I have got 36ZD26 today and everything seems to be OK ... except too big shadow at the left side of the screen which is bigger and a bit darker at the top of the screen - it;s like a dark spot. Shadow at the right side is sort of OK. I have read a lot of material about this set and knew about shadows and was prepared for this but this one is probably too big. Could anybody share there experience please.

Insterestingly when you get blue screen it's obvious that left side of the screen is darker because of the shadow and it seems like there is a vertical line ( shadow ? ) just in the middle of the screen.

So advice I need whether I should replace this set?

I have bought it via PRCdirect. Does anybody replaced anything with them.

Maybe somebody will share their experience how to deal with replacements with internet retailers. Is this easy to do? And what should I do if I need replacement.

Other slightly different question.
    I have 3 devices which I would like to connect to RGB input ( DVD, NTL box and Satelite box ). What is the best way to do this.

I know that there are scart swtiches but I have seen only low quality ones. So any help will be appriciated.

Thank you in advance.

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I have one of these TVs, mine has slight shadowing on the left and right sides, this is not enough to bother me given how good it is ootherwise. Both sides "suffer" equally with this. I don't have anything in the middle of the screen.

From what I've read there is considerable variation in these sets and if yours is as bad as it sounds I'd ask for a replacement, there are better to be had.

Mine had quite bad geometry to start with but I've fixed this with the service/designer menus and it's damn-near perfect now.

HTH
    Owain

3. LeonidS

LeonidS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    36zd26 owners please share your experience please

4. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Hi Leonids,

There have been a number of massive threads about this topic on this board, try searching for the following terms, and I'm sure you'll have more info than you know what to do with.

toshiba
    32ZD
    36ZD
    strata

I think most owners of these sets are bored of constantly writing the same things to every new poster that comes along, so you may not get as much info as you'd like with a request like this:

it's all here for you to read though, have a look.

HTH
    Owain