1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36Z P18Q Please Help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sludden, Feb 5, 2005.

1. sludden

sludden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently got an ex-display Toshiba 36ZP18Q: downloaded the manual, got a new (CT90101) remote but...Everything works fine except I can't access any of the onscreen menus using the arrow keys on the remote. (Main problem is that I can't set any surrround sound options etc). This is obviously a bit of a pain, anyone have any ideas what I can do to sort this out? (I've also tried to access the menus using the TV itself with no luck).
    Any help much appreciated!
    John

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is that the correct remote?

If it isn't then it may not have full functionality on your set. try using other buttons to navigate the menu.

3. sludden

sludden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply...as far as I can tell I have got the correct remote. I've tried every combination of keys I can think of but no luck. Pretty much everything else works, it's just accessing the onscreen menus I'm struggling with.

4. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beginning to wonder, assuming it is the correct remote, if this TV has a problem and you've been sold a duffer.

Contact Toshiba and find out if you have the correct remote, at least then you will know if it is the TV or not.

5. BIG H

BIG H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have a 36ZP18Q and yes you do have the correct remote CT-90101.
    Hope this is of some help, I appear to have the same problem with my set as a lot of other people ie stuck in standby etc and my set is only 2.5years old.
    Good luck with your remote.

6. 180turbo

180turbo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you manage to get you 36ZP18Q working again, because mine has now stopped working, i get the power light on but no picture or sound?

How much did it cost you?

I've had my TV since Aug 2002. I purchased from Allders, but now they've gone into Administration, i should have had a warranty until 2007!

Thanks.

7. BIG H

BIG H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0