Toshiba 36QP18B (NEW MODEL)

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by beavis, Apr 17, 2002.

1. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know more about this new Toshiba?

Saw the details on Audiovisiononline.co.uk and looks different for a Toshiba, that's for sure. Personally I think it looks better than the Picture Frame but it's just a matter of choice I suppose. If anything looks like it's been designed by Loewe!

Price on the website is quoted as £1,599.

Cheers

B.

2. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure about this one, but the same web site lists a new 32" aswell called the 32ZD26P (which also has a 36" version). The manual is available for download from the Tosh web site if interested. The piccy on the front of the manual looks the same as the one on the audiovisiononline site so I guess this must be the new one (perhaps they got the 36" model no wrong?).

All I can say is - not picture frame and much bigger at 902/990 wide for the 32/36".

3. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just reading the manual - there is a new scan mode called ACTIVE especially for sport, and also PROGRESSIVE : 50Hz"particularly suited to NTSC". Also has a "black stretch" to increase strength of dark colours.

TV also has side controls and the "front" connectors are now on the LHS. Still only 1 RGB SCART, and has component video in.

Also has a geomagnetic adjustment on the 36" version only.

4. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that jason, I'm due to get the TV in May so I might have a demo of this before i make a final decision!