1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 36" Dark Bars At Both Sides Problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by walshy365, Mar 23, 2004.

1. walshy365

walshy365

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see many people have had this problem with dark bars appearing down both sides of the tv. i have a Toshiba 36ZP18 and have had 2 sets now, boh of which Im unhappy with.

[​IMG]

I have now been offered an exchange for the 36ZP38 but it appears to have the same problem. Toshiba call it the Lung Effect and it is Not a fault, just a design feature!

Has anyone got to the bottom of this? Are there any Toshiba 36 sets that dont have this problem? Pls email me at walshy365@hotmail.com or reply here.

Thanks
    Paul

2. corh5

corh5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi

I have the 32ZP38 and certainly do not have that problem.. I would not be happy if my tv showed those symptons...

3. walshy365

walshy365

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree but Toshiba's official response is:

"I have shown your pictures to our Technical Manager and the Area Technical Manager and although it is difficult when viewing pictures on a computer screen they both feel that the television is operating normally."

Ive decided to plump for the 36ZP38 now to see if I have any luck with that.

4. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have the same problem with my 36" DD Strata, which I have had for about 18 months now, and this "feature" was present on Tosh models before the Strata range.

Seems like this "design feature" is here to stay on all Tosh models then.

I also had the same problem on a Philips 36" Pixel+ set that I had, but I'm sure that there was eventually a fix for the Philips models involving the Service Menu. Wish there was one for the Tosh.

Regards,

Matthew

5. Cmoth

Cmoth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I too have your proposed new purchase and have never experienced that problem. I have it connected RGB via sony freeview and component for DVDs. I think its worth you giving it a go as I would be surprised if you were unfortunate to get the same symptoms.

Colin