Toshiba 350e blue light solution

SuperSeven

Established Member
Reaction score
I know a few people have brought or are thinking about buying the Toshiba 350e upscaling DVD player, but may have been put off by the very bright blue light on the front on the dvd tray.

It can be turned off in the setup menu, however this has to be re-done every time the player is switched on again (Not a fault as this is confirmed in the manual)

I have the perfect solution which does break anything or invalidate the warranty.

If you look closely you'll see the blue strip isn't actually a long series of LEDs. It's simply a strip of clear plastic set into the front of the opening dvd tray. Then when the dvd tray is closed this strip is lit up by 2 blue LEDs mounted either side of the dvd tray.

The simple solution is to open the dvd tray, then stick on 2 small pieces of black electricians tape onto either end of the transparent plastic strip on the dvd tray. Then when the dvd tray is closed this stops any of the blue led light entering the dvd tray strip. It's a very effective solution and turns an incredibly bright blue 5 inch strip into 2 small blue dots.

I love the blue light.

It has forced me into spending hundreds of pounds that I didn't really need to spend.

I am like a moth to the blue light flame.

I need help.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The simple solution is to open the dvd tray, then stick on 2 small pieces of black electricians tape onto either end of the transparent plastic strip on the dvd tray.

"There is another"

"Search the threads luke"

"You will see - you too can enjoy the dark side of Toshiba"

Bonc thread on the SD 350!

bonc said:
The simple solution is to open the dvd tray, then stick on 2 small pieces of black electricians tape onto either end of the transparent plastic strip on the dvd tray.

Tried that but you're left with blue light seeping out of each side of the tray. You really need to put a small piece of tape directly over the LED on each side of the tray. This completely stops any light escaping. Wouldn't worry too much about the warranty, you can easily pull it off.

Cheers.

Funster said:
Tried that but you're left with blue light seeping out of each side of the tray. You really need to put a small piece of tape directly over the LED on each side of the tray. This completely stops any light escaping. Wouldn't worry too much about the warranty, you can easily pull it off.

Cheers.

Worked like a dream for me, and Zish will testify to that, as its on its way to him!!

You do have to be delicate, but once you smash the bulbs and remove any remaining debris you will not get an once of blue light... ;)

Lol - Bexhill on Sea, Smiffy2? Surely your cataracts are so bad you can barely see the blue LED's anyway :D

DT

Born & raised Bexhillian!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom