1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 3377db

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gmcb, Jan 1, 2005.

1. gmcb

gmcb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello
    I have just got a second hand Toshiba 3377db which came without a manual. I have it all tuned in but I can only get video and cable on the scart channels this means I don't have a video channel and so can't record anything to video. I have tried everything I can think of to tune them in but when I go through the tuning process neither the video or the cable appears. I was wondering if anyone either had some hints for me or a copy or photocopy of the insrtuctions, I would of course be happy to pay any postage.

Thanks

Gordon

2. Chipster

Chipster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi.
    Welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure I fully understand what your trying to do, if you are trying to record video via scart then you need to be aware that you can switch the input and output settings on scarts 2 and 3.

You can access this menu by finding feature menu using the menu key on your remote then find AV connection. Press + next to AV connection then scroll up or down with arrow keys to select the scart connection you require and set it to what ever you want.

I.e, if you connect your cable box/ sky to scart 1 and your video to scart 2, select EXT1 as the EXT2 output in the EXT2 AV menu.

Not the easiest of menus to navigate, but Im sure it will all make sense once you are in the correct place and experiment a bit.

Hope that helps.

3. gmcb

gmcb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chipster
    I was really just trying to have a video channel so I could record from terrestrial and sky as I did with my old TV, however, I think I have solved the problem this morning by bringing the main ariel through the cable box first, which should have been the obvious thing to do! But I will experiment a bit with what you have suggested

Thanks again

4. Chipster

Chipster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok no worries. I did forget to mention that the menu buttons are coverd by a pull down slide on the bottom third of remote front. Very hard to see if you didnt know the flap was there. Good luck.