Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba 330 vs. Pioneer DV-360S

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Garrett, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    I have been very pleased with my Grundig 210 DVD player which has had its 3rd birthday. The other week I bought my parents a Toshiba which I was impressed with, and I know Toshiba DVD players always seem to get good reviews.
    As a have a Pioneer CD player which is getting long in the tooth but batting strong. I was wondering whether to go for a Toshiba 330 or a Pioneer DV-360S as they are about the same price.

2. scarty16

scarty16

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Tosh 79.99 from Amazon.co.uk multi-region out of teh box UK machine what are you waiting for?

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    That’s the one I bought my parents but for an extra £10 I can get the Pioneer.

4. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    M/R Pioneer is £74.00 inc next day delivery and free scart lead at digital-point.

5. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    In some ways the toshiba is better and in some ways the pioneer is better. They are both japanese branded models made on the cheap in china. I personally think the Toshiba is better and no doubt someone else will jump in to say the Pioneer is better but either way you can't go far wrong at the prices charged. From what I've heard and read the low cost Panasonic players are also pretty decent. Almost definitely a bit better made than the Toshiba and Pioneer. They also lack the chroma bug and give a good picture although perhaps not as detailed as the Toshiba. I would compose a shortlist of features you want and then shortlist models that have those features.

A great starting place is www.dvdrhelp.com which has some good info on various models with regard formats and media supported and user comments.

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    Which Panasonic model are you talking about and where and what price would I be looking at if I did decide to go with them rather than one of the other mentioned?

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    Disregard the Panasonic I have just found it does not have a coaxial output :mad: but only an optical one, as at present I’m using a coax this would be of little use.
    For those interested in one they are doing them at Amazon for £99.

8. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Garrett, I still have my old Grundig210 (which was good) but have recently replaced it with the panasonic s75 which is superb.

Bought it from http://www.digital-point.co.uk/. For £115 inc del obviously not as cheap as the two you mentioned but it is a steal at the price (IMHO) ;)