1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32zt29 small problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by blackadder, May 6, 2004.

1. blackadder

blackadder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Toshiba 32zt29 small problem.

Well i bit the bullit and purchased the 32zt29 at a bargain price of £549.99+vat but i have a couple of problems.
    When the set is first turned on and tuned to a digital channel the picture breaks up for about 20 to 30 seconds then all is well,i'm getting a good full signal.
    Second problem, down the right side near to the top there is a slight pinkish bloom when the picture is showing a white background,does anyone else have these problems with this set.
    thanks

2. KWIKKY

KWIKKY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi sorry cant answer your problem but was looking at this set for ages when it was 750 quid now cant find it for less than a grand can you tell me where you got your one from and what service was like .

hope the guys on here can help with problem if not there is a huge thread on here related to zt29 got to be something on there to help!!!

anyway wish you luck!

regards kwikky

3. blackadder

blackadder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    KWIKKY i got the 32zt29 from makro on the 5th may after reading in the threads(thanks go to suffolktoon)that they had them on offer,i had to phone round quite a few stores to find one.
    The picture quality is excellant and seems to give depth to the background and i'm more than happy, except for the small problems i mentioned above, but at that price i can probably live with it,the pink bloom didn't seem as bad last night (wonder if it will settle down).
    Total digital are still doing the set at £720+ £20 delivery which is still a very good price for a 100htz set with built in digital tuner-dolby digital 5.1-3scarts-componant-digital optical/coaxial

http://www.totaldigital.biz/product_info.php/products_id/437

4. KWIKKY

KWIKKY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks blackadder now just got to find someone with makro card and store with stock and im sorted!! might just give total digital a look but will doubt less ummmm and errr read some more horror stories on here then find something else thats the next big thing until that goes wrong and i end up more confused than ever.
    thanks for info post if problem sorts itself out cheers mate.

5. Stompa

Stompa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    When the set is first turned on and tuned to a digital channel the picture breaks up for about 20 to 30 seconds then all is well,i'm getting a good full signal.

No, I don't get that with mine.

Second problem, down the right side near to the top there is a slight pinkish bloom when the picture is showing a white background,does anyone else have these problems with this set.

I have a slight bluish band down the left edge of the screen, which doesn't seem to be improving. For that vast majority of the time though it's not noticeable, and I've learnt to live with it.

Stompa

6. KWIKKY

KWIKKY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hopefully going to pick one up today !!!!
    any idea how big box is? will it fit in back of estste car?

7. Stompa

Stompa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    any idea how big box is? will it fit in back of estste car?

About 40" x 28" x 25", and bloody heavy!!!

Stompa

8. KWIKKY

KWIKKY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well went and got one bloody heavy wife couldnt lift on her own had to get kids to help her lol.

first impressions very pleased pictures good but the black does cut a lot of detail out turned black stretch off which has helped but interested what seems the best set up ie. colour brightness etc.
    sound ok and digital picture excellent very sharp.
    makro in rayliegh had one more in stock if anyone interested.