1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOSHIBA 32ZT29 or alternative

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rp71, Sep 27, 2004.

1. rp71

rp71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm looking at the TOSHIBA 32ZT29 from total digital for £649

I've look at the reviews and some of the comments in the forum. Do you guys think this is a good choice for a 32Inch.

I'm looking for 100Hz progressive scan, ideally IDTV and preferably Panasonic, Toshiba or possibly philips.

Could anyone make a few alternative suggestions and if anyone could let me know their own experiences with 32inch tvs it would be appreciated.

Richard

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, since that set was £1500 when it first came out that's a bloody bargain!

My only problem with the ZT29 is the horrible cabinet. In my opinion the strata range looks really cheap and nasty, and is far bigger than it needs to be. The 36ZP is no wider than the 32ZT29!

Picture wise I thought it was great, especially on the digital picture which was excellent. In that respect its a great TV, and if you like the style of the cabinet then go for it. The only reason I never got one is that I hoped they'd do a ZP with freeview but they don't! Then I moved house and the front room allowed me to have my 51" monster!

3. Will_Marsh

Will_Marsh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment, for that money you could get the Philips 32PW9509 from Total Digital! Worth a look, I was blown away by the picture performance and have ordered one myself (but from JL). Good luck choosing, hardest decision i've had to make this far...

4. rp71

rp71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The more i look at this forum, the more confussed i am. there seems to be a lot of models that seem to have so many faults on them.

Rather than keep looking forever waiting for the perfect model with no faults for what i can afford i've decided just to go for the Toshiba and hope for the best. The only thing putting me off from it was the fact its been around for a while, but hopefully it means they had chance to fix any bugs or problems.

I'll let you know how things get on. Ordered from Total Digital.

thanks for the help people have given.

Richard :thumbsup:

5. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know this model can only do Progressive Scan on NTSC, not PAL. Certainly my 28ZT29 cannot do PAL and I wish I knew that before I bought it!

If PAL progressive scan is important you may want to reconsider for a newer model.

6. rp71

rp71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered theToshiba 32ZT29 from total digital on the 28th September. I emailed them first and was told delivery would be 3 days. Got a phone call that night to day they would deliver the very next day on the 29th September between 11:30 and 1. The delivery guy came knocking at 12. I'm so impressed with both Total Digital and the TV. I've had it for a couple of days now and can't fault it for price or picture quality. The only problem I've had with it was the MDF shelf. A couple of the holes drilled at the back are a couple of millimeters out and so the screw won't go in. Tried for hours. Luckily its just one of four so its fine.

I highly recommend the TV to anyone and Total digital for the great service.

thanks for the help I recieved from this forum.

Richard

7. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Just out of interest, whats the web site address for Total Digital?

I can't find it anywhere!