1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZP48

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rob27, Nov 2, 2004.

1. rob27

rob27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi, I am new here :hiya:

I plan to get the 32ZP48 at the end of the month after splitting with the Girlfriend and buying my own flat.

Now i have some questions if you would be so kind to answer them.

1. I need to plug my SD340 and Xbox in via Component do i have to unplug all the time or is there a joiner type thing available?

2. I was planning on getting some extra surround sound speakers... is this necessary as it comes with extra external ones... but not sure how all this would plug in together? not many ports on back of TV is there?

i.e. Xbox phono's, extra speakers... do i need an amp or something?

Could lucky people who are enjoying your 32ZP48's take some pics for me of how you have connected it up.

Many thanks.

Rob.

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
  3. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The external surround speakers are very simple to install and set up. Just follow the instructions in the manual supplied with the television. regards, yt

4. rob27

rob27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Cheers guys,

Can you post pics of your setup... would like to see what the beast looks like in an actual room.. as those pics on the internet/toshiba website you just cant tell.

Rob.

5. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hopefully I've attached a picture to this email. I don't regard it as a 'beast' (I know you're only joking) Neither do I have the external speakers connected - we find the internal speaker up (quality) suits us fine. Perhaps if you wanted to watch lots of DVds or Sky etc you might want to. We love our set. regards, yt

Update: I keep trying to attach an jpeg but it keeps saying its over the file size limit. I'm going to have to give up - I'm busy in the garden ! sorry, regards yt.

6. rob27

rob27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  7. rob27

rob27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  8. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, It comes with 4 speakers (all 4 look identical to me). The tv has a 'sub woofer' built in so you don't need another one. If you hook up the 4 external speakers then the two internal speakers in the front of the tv become the centre speakers. (you have to set this up in one of the menus but its very simple). Do you need to buy the stands ? - well the 4 speakers are bookshelf size so if you have a handy spot in the right places then I suppose the answer would be 'no', however if you don't have a handy spot and they have to be positioned 'in mid air' next to the tv then 'yes' the stands we be an attractive option. Remember also, eventually the tv will be discontinued and then you won't be able to buy them for love nor money, also what if you decide to sell it on - the next owner might need the stands, what if you move house !! all in all I would buy them, and your thread here is a reminder to myself to do the same. I have sent a picture to your work email address. regards, yt.

9. rob27

rob27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks mate.

I have seen that rgbdirect also sell it more or less the same price and can deliver within 24 hours :) ;)

10. rob27

rob27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Ok just had a thought, what Progressive modes does the 32ZP48 handle?

480p 720p 1080p/i ??

Thanks.

Rob.