1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZP48 sound

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Meeko, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Meeko

Meeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Have been reading a lot of threads regarding the Tosh 32ZP48 and the Pana TX-32PD50. I watch more Sky than DVD so it seems the Tosh is better for me. I would like to use the built in surround to play CDs and audio from DVDs I watch through a projector, and would like to know if you can use the sound independently of the TV - i.e. treat it as a dedicated 5.1 system and have the screen turned off while using the speakers.

I can't make my mind up to get the 32PD46 without the speakers and save for a dedicated surround set-up. Any thoughts welcome!

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Altough the supplied surround speakers are ok,they are no match for a dedicated system.Bass is very light on the zp48[built into the tv]

3. Meeko

Meeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Many thanks for the advice. You have just made my mind up! I'm still not sure as to how bad Sky+ is with the Panasonic, as would prefer this set. Is anyone happy with the picture with Sky+ and the 32PD50?