1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZP48 Screen Problems!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by robjohnw, Oct 10, 2005.

1. robjohnw

robjohnw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. My 32ZP48 is playing up again!! Talked to you at the beginning of the year when my screen was flashing and buzzing. Engineer came out, solderd some dry joints and that did the trick. It's been fine since then but now the screen has started to go brighter and darker every few seconds. It's not too bad but more noticable when there is a solid area of the same colour, like a wall or the sky in the background. I hadn't really noticed it untill my wife pointed it out but now it's quite noticable. I've contacted Digital Direct, where i got it from, and I'm waiting their responce. I've had the TV just under a year. Has anybody out there got any ideas what might be wrong?

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I am sure someone may be able to help you further, but to pin down the diagnosis - does this problem occur on all inputs ie. when watching VCR/DVD ect.
    Nigel

3. robjohnw

robjohnw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Thanks for your reply. That's a good question that I don't know the answer too. I'll check and get back to you.
    Rob

4. robjohnw

robjohnw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I put a DVD on last night and the screen flicker did happen, but only a couple of times. I then watched normal telly and it hardly happened at all. Sods law eh!!!!! But it definitely does go brighter then darker and over the weekend it was doing it a lot. It's not a big change in brightness but it's there and now we've noticed it, it's annoying! Still waiting to hear from Digital Direct having filled in there on-line fault form!!!!

5. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    I am on my second 32ZP48 and am not impressed at all,first set had bad geometry problems and this one has a loud buzzing noise! :mad:

If i were you i would chase up this problem asap.Just make sure a technician looks at it and they dont just swap it out,because if they find no fault they will charge you a fortune!! Asi discovered,although i wouldnt have any of it.

6. robjohnw

robjohnw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There seems to be alot of different problems with 32ZP48's. Starting to wish I'd never bought one!!!!!!! Has anybody had one with no faults at all, just to give me some confidence about a TV that cost the best part of £1000 of my hard earned money!!!! :eek:

7. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    Theres lots of people here with faultless sets,which makes it more annoying that i have had 2 duffs in arow! :mad:

8. robjohnw

robjohnw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So are you getting your problems sorted or are you heading for set No3?!!!!

9. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    I am going to give it a week or 2,if the noise still bugs me or doesnt get better i am going to ask for a techy to come and hae a look.If his findings are that the noise is acceptable i shall have to pay around £60 for his call out charges. :thumbsdow

I will let you know what happens.

10. robjohnw

robjohnw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is what I'm affraid of. If DD send a tech out to look at my flashing screen and it doesn't flash do I have to pay. It does flash fault but it doesn't do it all the time and they may say it's normal. Bit of a pain really! :(

11. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    Flashing certainly is not 'normal'.They will say anything to avoid sending someone tbh.

Is there a dvd that seems to show the problem more or is it just pot luck? The tech will try numerous sources so chances are he will find the problem.He will also have test cards that will show any probs too.

At the end of the day,its a £500+ tv mate,get it looked at quickly if i were you.

12. robjohnw

robjohnw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No it's all abit hit and miss but yes it does need looking at cos something isn't right. Will let you know what happens!