1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZP48 owners...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Monkfish, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Monkfish

Monkfish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can someone who owns this TV please tell me if it can display a progressive image from an interlaced source, or whether it needs a progressive source?

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Well Monk, I own the 36” version of that CRT, and with my DVD I can turn the component output from Interlaced to PAL PS. The TV works fine with both signals via its component inputs. Is that what you are asking ?

3. Monkfish

Monkfish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi CJ, thanks for the reply. I'm not clear if it's the DVD that is outputting PS, or whether the TV is generating a PS image from an interlaced input?

Can the Tosh display a PS image from a standard analog interlaced input?

I think the Tosh can display progressively, but can't convert from an interlaced image to a PS image. That means that if I want to display a progressive Freeview image, I'll need to buy a Freeview box with progressive output.

Is that right?

4. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Monkfish here is what the manual for my SD-9500 says about both mdoes for its Interlaced / PS modes :

Unfortunately the TVs manual does not say much about Interlaced/PAL PS, but I can tell you that both options above on the SD-9500 display properly and quite stunningly via Ext 4. Not sure what the Freeview box your considering has component output wise, but the ZP48P I own works perfectly well with both types of output. Something I will be keeping an eye on in future FWIW with (hopefull) HD Freeview boxes having component outputs.

5. Monkfish

Monkfish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well thanks for digging all that out for me CJ :)

The Freeview box I was considering was the AverMedia AverTV Box STB7 Progressive Scan External DIGITAL DVB TV Tuner. Evidently it has standard PC RGB component output because it's been designed with a PC monitor in mind. Haven't investigated any further though.