• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba 32ZP48 Flash/Buzz!!!!!!

R

robjohnw

Hi All, I bought a 32ZP48 from Direct Digital last November and I must say it's great, picture and sound all brill BUT resently the screen has started to flash and the speakers buzz. It only lasts a split second and only happens once or twice an hour after the TV has been on a couple of hours but it's getting me worried. I've spoke to DD and they said my TV is 'out of sync' with my satilite, DVD and vidio connected to it, I should disconnect them retune the TV and reconnect. Sounds abit iffy to me!! Any ideas anybody?

TheBaron

robjohnw said:
Hi All, I bought a 32ZP48 from Direct Digital last November and I must say it's great, picture and sound all brill BUT resently the screen has started to flash and the speakers buzz. It only lasts a split second and only happens once or twice an hour after the TV has been on a couple of hours but it's getting me worried. I've spoke to DD and they said my TV is 'out of sync' with my satilite, DVD and vidio connected to it, I should disconnect them retune the TV and reconnect. Sounds abit iffy to me!! Any ideas anybody?

Sounds a bit like interference from a thermostat turning on/off central heating ?

R

robjohnw

Thanks for that, sets my mind at ease a little. I'll keep note to see if it gets any worse.

spocktra

robjohnw said:
Get an engineer out asap.Possible fault in the text module.Or somebody competent to remove the module to see if it cures.The set will operate without it.

R

robjohnw

Thanks for that. I've heard this about the text module before. What is a text module?

R

robjohnw

I've emailed Digital Direct to ask for their comments regarding the text module. Awaiting reply. Will keep y'all informed.

R

robjohnw

Engineer came out last Friday (25th Feb) Re soldered a couple of dry joints and replaced the text module. Watching TV Friday night and exactly the same thing happened!!!! Called Digital Direct today, they're arranging for engineer to come out again!!! What fun!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!

spocktra

robjohnw said:
Engineer came out last Friday (25th Feb) Re soldered a couple of dry joints and replaced the text module. Watching TV Friday night and exactly the same thing happened!!!! Called Digital Direct today, they're arranging for engineer to come out again!!! What fun!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!
Toshiba assured me the problem was with a batch of faulty text modules,i hope your replacement isnt the same batch.

R

robjohnw

Don't know but the engineer is coming again on Friday so I'll put it to them!!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom