1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZP48 - Do I need a shoe horn?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by boomshanks, Nov 16, 2004.

1. boomshanks

boomshanks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much deliberation, dragging my girlfriend around more TV shops than I care to mention and of course reading numerous reviews, I have decided to buy a Toshiba 32ZP48.

After ordering one from a website and delivery having still not been arranged 2 weeks later (don't get me started), I have decided to cancel the order and sourced the same TV elsewhere (and cheaper!) from an alternate web based vendor. In order to try and overcome the hassle of delivery (which seems to be the achilles heel of all the internet based vendors) the newly sourced vendor will allow me to go and pick it up. However, and here's the issue, I only have a 3 door hatchback car and the pick up is about 80 miles away from my house.

Before I set off to pick the long awaited TV up, has anyone got one of these TV's and still have the box it arrived in - if so would you mind giving me the measurements of the packaging so that I can eye up my boot space (with the seats down). I realise that there will likely be two boxes - one for the set and one for the stand, both would be useful. This would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

2. Dharans69

Dharans69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I don't have the measurements of the box, but I got the same TV in the box into the back of a MK4 Golf hatchback+ the box for the stand.

You could always ask the supplier for the dimensions.

3. jaglad

jaglad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I bought one of these tv's a couple of weeks ago, the box is still here, I will post the dimensions in a moment.

4. jaglad

jaglad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Right here are the dimensions of the box: W=91cm H=66cm D=66.5cm and the stand is the same except for the height being 12cm.

Hope that helps. We have both a PF2 and a PF3 tv in our house, mine is the PF3 and both are excellent tv's!!

Hope you the dimensions are helpful and that you will be pleased with your new tv.

Take it easy
    Stu

P.s. Make sure you have someone to help you with the tv, they are very very heavy.

5. boomshanks

boomshanks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot Stu, I will get my tape measure out and have a look. If all else fails, I will bring the TV home but the box will stay at the shop!

Cheers,

Bobby