Toshiba 32ZP46P 32" Wide

S

stubbie187uk

Pink Tinge on screen. Purchased Toshiba 32ZP46P 32" Wide TV last week and as soon as I powered it on, it had a pink tinge on the left & right. Contacted the store and they advised me to log a call with their support people to get an engineer to visit. After the engineer visited, he advise I get it exchanged.

Brand new one arrived today, and it has the same problem, the same pink this time it's much worse.

I have contacted the store and as it's a public holiday, Toshiba are not available to take my call to ask if there is a known problem.

Anyone have any advice/experience with this?

Regards....

Looks like a batch problem. Sloppy quality control. Very unlike Toshiba.

I would get the store to order you a new one from the Toshiba factory, not from the store's stock.

One other thought, which has just come to me. Do you have the set near any strong magnetic fields, such as loudspeakers. This may cause strange effects on the screen.

Spok.

Thats a good point, the batch numbers are the same..something I made the store aware of in a mail I sent to the stores Head Office today.

The nearest speaker is 12 foot away. I will be contacting Toshiba directly tomorrow to see if they can give me some answers..

When the engineer gives me the inevitable EA number for an exchange, I'll see if the store will exchange it for a 32" Plasma for the same price..perhaps they will show some goodwill for the problems they have caused me...(ha ha..probability = "0")

Now back to reality, I'll probably ask for a new one with a different batch number...I must admit now that Toshiba is a tainted name for me....pity, as they were highly recommended..

I will post the results of my Saga as it continues..

Cheers..

A visual representation of the 2 Televisions I have had so far...the second being worse than the first..

Attachments

• Television 1 - Serial 89180015.JPG
    Television 1 - Serial 89180015.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Television 2 - Serial 89180071.JPG
    Television 2 - Serial 89180071.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 171
Engineer from Mastecare came around at 12:15pm. He used his degauss tool on a blue screen and the problem/image was not rectified. The engineer has stated it is not a fault as such, but a “Design” fault with the Hue on the screen. He will be putting that fact in his report. He also stated it was not acceptable and I should contact Currys once more to exchange the TV.

At this moment in time, I am perplexed...not sure what I am going to do...I won't be going for another of the same model....

The Saga continues.....

I've got a 36zp18p, its getting on a bit now but since new, if there is a white picture on screen, after around a minute or so the bottom left corner begins to show a bluey/turquoise tinge. Had the toshiba warranty man out and he blamed the Toshiba supplied front surrounds which were about 5 feet away. To me it looked more like the left speaker/sheilding on the unit was the culprit but the engineer was having none of it and used his degauss wand and said it sorted it when it hadn't lol.

Hope it all goes well for you :)

Toshiba have stated that it is quite acceptable to have a discolouration problem or a "Blotch" on the screen. At the moment, my request for a 3rd Television has been declined.

The Vendor is in discussions with Toshiba so I am eagerly awaiting the outcome.

The Saga continues.......

stubbie187uk said:
Toshiba have stated that it is quite acceptable to have a discolouration problem or a "Blotch" on the screen. At the moment, my request for a 3rd Television has been declined.

The Vendor is in discussions with Toshiba so I am eagerly awaiting the outcome.

The Saga continues.......

:eek:

Shocking customer service there. I hope you get it sorted dude. I certainly wouldn't call it acceptable.

After many phone calls, I have had the 2nd TV picked up & had a refund. Toshiba & Curry's have had an email, full of bitter complaints. I don't expect any sort of compensation, but no harm in asking.

The moral of the my story, I'm buying an LCD...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom