1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOSHIBA 32ZP46 dirty piture. HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Sulley75, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Sulley75

Sulley75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Ok, got this tv 2 months ago. Had the dirty picture problem. Basically looks like there is dirt beghind the screen (oddly enough!). Mastercare came out today and said it will go in the workshop but its unlikey they can fix it. My mate here says take it back to currys and demand a replacement. Do you know if im within my rights to do this???? The prob is only noticable when the piture pans, moves on a plain screen. And on xbox its real annoying as there is a VERY feint line down the centre, which u can notice when playing car games (cos the background and sky move).

Pleasehelp. Thanks.

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Once the engineer says it cannot be fixed, the rest is easy. Dont put up with a faulty TV

3. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Unfortunately, dealing with Curry's/MasterCare can be somewhat of a traumatic experience. Lets just say they have a reputation for being being less than helpful! And that's putting it mildly !

Curry's have a 28 day rule which means that if you report a fault with your set before the first 28 days are up an engineer from MasterCare will call - and if it's faulty you can decide whether to have a full refund or replacement set. Once the 28 days are passed, regrettably, if it is faulty, Curry's still usually go down the "repair" line with the dreaded MasterCare.

Worth fighting for a new set (or money back and buy it elsewhere - somewhere decent) though ...

4. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had two or three new sets out of Curry's after a couple of months use. Ignore their 28 day rule,my TV was £1299,to break aftre a couple of months use is not good enough,you can demand a replacement. Kick up enough stink and they will back down ;)

5. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    ...and boy, do you usually have to fight !!!!!

Whilst I completely agree 100% with the fact that you should fight them for a new set/money back after 2 months use, I still have a feeling you'll be lucky to get anywhere - not saything that you won't if you keep on and on at them.

I speak from personal experience with Currys and a 32" CRT TV set recently - and this was for a fault WITHIN the 28 days!

I would never ever ever buy from this joke of firm again.