1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZP38

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by CodeThief, Dec 21, 2004.

1. CodeThief

CodeThief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Maybe this would be a better forum, not getting much luck in the others.

Can anyone tell me what the 32ZP38 supports?

I know it does NTSC / PAL Prog scan, what does that mean in real terms? 480p/540p, 480p/576p ????

I'm trying to get an HTPC attached up with the best possible picture, I've got 856x480p working so far but would like a PAL 16:9 res like 1024x576p. Anyone know if thats likely to be possible?

Dave

2. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From my amateur knowledge the actual pixel count of a PAL image is 720x576. Remember that you may not be able to 'add' the widescreen additional pixels before the TV (i.e. sending it a 1024x576 image which would be the pixel count for a widescreen PAL image). You may have to rely on the TV to anamorphically stretch the 720 pixels out to 1024 just like most TVs do with a '16:9 mode'.
    Therefore a good starting point would be to send 720x576p/50Hz from the HTPC, and when you know that's succesful try 1024x576.
    As far as I understand it, those DVD players outputting a unscaled DVI image still only use 720x576 for PAL.
    Hope that helps, and I look forward to hearing more professional opinions!

3. CodeThief

CodeThief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    That does help yes :)

I managed to get 1024x576p last night but the picture was VERY dark as if I had the scan rate totally out. Try as I might I couldn't get it right. I'd love to be able to get 1024x576 as then the rest of the windows desktop would be correct but looks like I might have to put up with 4:3, this is a bit of a pain switching between AVIs and DVDs though :(

I was wondering if it was to do with the DIP switches on the dongle.

Dave