Toshiba 32ZP38 - Flickering Picture - Freezes & Jumps

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by dr.crippen, Mar 20, 2006.

1. dr.crippen

dr.crippen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Toshiba 32ZP38 which is less than two and a half years old. Up until now it has worked perfectly, but suddenly the picture has started jumping and freezing - some of the time it is just showing about 4 frames per second, other times it is showing frames out of sequence, so that movement is jumping back and forth. I have searched the Forum and found faults listed in the DFS and DEF boards which affect the picture, but not quite in the same way.
    Does anyone have any experience of this fault, or know if a fault on either of these boards could cause this problem - are in fact these boards one and the same?
    Many thanks...

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    If these symptoms are a rapid left/right movement of the picture yes...it does sound like the symptoms of a faulty DFS module (also known as the "DEF" module.)
    If you have found these previous posts you will see where I suggest you get the fault confirmed by a local technician and then phone Toshiba customer services and complain that a set this old/expensive should last longer than 2.5yrs.
    In my experience Tosh will send you or the engineer a replacement module FOC.

3. dr.crippen

dr.crippen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the advice.
    I just need to find someone who will come out and fix it, rather than collect and take away... for twice the price.