Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba 32ZP38 Colour Patches Wont Go Away

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by malford, Jan 16, 2004.

1. malford

malford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hello,
    I have just taken delivery of my uncles Toshiba 32ZP38
    which when set up in his home had a perfect picture.

I have setup television and have coloured patches in the upper left and lower right portions of the screen.

Have read the manual which suggests that this is a magnetic problem caused by moving the set, Ok i have followed the instructions and disconnected the TV from the power supply and have left it overnight for the past 7 days and the problem still persists.

Does this TV need De-Gausing? and if so where or who can i contact to get the job done? i live in Hayes Middlesex.

Or does anyone know another method i can try??

Thanks
    Malcolm

2. TheIronMonkey

TheIronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does sound like it needs de-gaussing, but the problem can be solved by turning it off then back on, but you've tried this. Make sure the tv isn't near a radiator or speakers as this can also produce the same effects.
    I don't live near your area but i imagine most tv engineers can solve your problem if it still persists. They use a "wand" i believe.

Hope that helps

3. petebog

petebog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had this problem on my Toshiba 32z17b, had the tv degaussed with a wand, but it didn't help. Engineer said it was caused by the earth's magnetic field, possible but highly unlikely. I tried moving the tv around the room too no avail. Gave up in the end and bought a Panasonic. Put the Toshiba downstairs but colour patches still there. The only thing i thought it could be was the tilt of the picture, as it tilted to the right and this could cause colour patches, but i couldn't be bothered with it no more and bought the Panny.

So you could check the tilt of the picture. Panny's have adjustment for picture tilt, but the Toshiba doesn't. I think they need the tube adjusted somehow.:confused:

Sorry i couldn't help more.:(