1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZP38 and Progressive Scan Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by corh5, Mar 30, 2004.

1. corh5

corh5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm well aware there is another thread concerning this but the title is concerning the Denon 2900 player.

However i have a Sony 730P and i too have the same interference problem (wavy lines when playing a dvd using progressive scan).

I feel that this is a problem with most dvd players and one that should be fixed.

Please post replies if you too have experience this problem, would be interesting to find out how many dvd players suffer this problem and if you have had it fixed.

When you pay a lot of money for a product you don't expect a common problem like this

Thanks

2. philpot2000

philpot2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - yes i've got a 32zp38 hooked up to a Harman Kardon DVD25 and I get the same wavy lines problem when I switch the player to progressive. however - it's fine when i use interlaced output, and looks especially excellent when i use the TV's progressive scan setting.

my question is: would the picture quality be noticeably better if i used the progressive scan function on the DVD25 than the set up i have at the moment (i.e. interlaced DVD output through the progressive scan function on the tv)? am i missing out enormously by using the tv's progressive function instead of the player's?

3. corh5

corh5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have to admit i haven't tried it on just interlace mode yet. But surely then what's the point of having Progressive Scan if you can't use it to its full potential.

I find it diffcult to believe that whey the tv was in development and testing this problem was not discovered by Toshiba