1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZP18Q problems

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Heardy, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Heardy

Heardy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All
    I'm hopeing someone can help me out i've got problem with my Toshiba TV.
    When it's been switched on after about 10 mins it switch's it's self back off again on to standby :mad: .Also sometime's when i switch it on it just stay's on standby and does'nt come on at all.
    I seem to remember having the same fault about 2 year's ago and managed to get it repaired under waranty.Is this a common fault with this TV ? Also any idea's of how much to get it repaired as i'll have to pay for it this time :thumbsdow
    Any help would be apreciated
    Cheers Jason

2. Heardy

Heardy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot to mention i had it repaired when it was just 2 year's old {under Guarantee ) and seeing as though it's got the same fault again would the part's that were replaced be Guaranteed ?

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    Most repairs carry a 90 day guarantee........even if the same parts have failed you would probably still have to pay the labour charge which would be more than the parts.
    It could be a different fault causing the same symptoms so don't jump to conclusions.

4. Heardy

Heardy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah true
    I'm very dissapointed really as a £1200 tv should last longer than 3 years !!
    I've phoned couple of place's about repairing it and nobody want's to know..

5. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I think three years is a bit 'short' for a domestic tv set. Why don't you contact Toshiba's customer service helpline and explain the situation them - you may get some 'joy'. If not, ask them for a list of approved repair agents for your postal code ? let us know how you get on. Regards, yt.

6. Heardy

Heardy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that's going to be my thing to do (contact toshiba).
    When the engineer came out to repair it before he did say that this was the only problem they ever had with this set so it sound's like an inherent problem :thumbsdow

7. redmgf21

redmgf21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 32ZP18Q has just developed the same fault (2.5years old). I spoke to Toshiba Technical support and they advised me that Toshiba TV's have fault detection device installed that automatically turns the TV to standby when a fault is detected. They advised me to contact Customer Services because of the age of the TV. Customer Services require an Inspection Report from a Toshiba Service Engineer before they will assist - the problem is the report costs around £100, thats before any repair work. I've got a local TV repair guy looking at the set tonight - will keep you posted of any solutions. Dave

2nd April 2005
    Seems like the problem is a faulty Teletext Card. This has been removed and now the TV works fine (obviously without teletext function). :thumbsup:

8. Heardy

Heardy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just an update i've mannaged to get it fixed by a local repair guy :thumbsup: .It cost me £95 inc part's and labour :D which i think is very reasonable apparently he replaced the PCB board or something and all's well :D :D

9. BIG H

BIG H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have the same model but the 36inch version my set developed the same fault (2.5 years old). I too have just had it repaired by a local tv repair shop same fault, same fix, and roughly the same cost to repair. I had a new teletext board fitted and just hope that it does not develop the same fault again. Maybe I too should have had it removed ??? :confused: