1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZP18P

Discussion in 'TVs' started by shaunw, Jul 20, 2001.

1. shaunw

shaunw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am very new to Wide Screen TV's and know nothing. We currently have a 24inch 14 year old Mishibushi TV.

Just by chance I saw one of this flat picture frame Toshiba's and it just amazed me. In the show room they were playing a DVD of "bugs life" and the colours and quality looked bril!

Now £1,400 or so for one of these TV's is a lot of saving for me, and I really want to be sure I wont regret going for it. Can someone help me out with a few questions,

Q1 Is there any chance that Toshiba will bring out one of these sets with built in On-digital (or at least the free to air channels)

Q2 Some on here have reported some quality issues with the 36 inch. Does the 32 inch have simular problems?

Q3 The problems reported may be noticable to real TV buffs but would the average punter (like me) really know the quality was not right?

thanks

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shaun,
    You should be able to get it for just over £1200. AVDirect are selling at £1245 and Empire direct will refund 120% of the difference, bingo £1205 delivery included!

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can only answer Q2. The 32" is excellent, once you get the setings right, which isn't a quality issue. You may have seen the other thread (chapter 2) on settings, which might help. I have the 32" and everyone who has seen it thinks it is excellent. Go for it..put your name on the waiitng list. :)

[ 20-07-2001: Message edited by: Firstagent01 ]

4. steve35

steve35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its £1214 at QED just now, free delivery. I think thats what Im going to buy seeing as my Panasonic 32PK25 has gone back.

5. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Steve35,

As a matter of interest, what was the Panasonic like. I am thinking of buying one, but if you have encountered problems... Just after your opinion.

Thanks - Russell

6. steve35

steve35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suffered moire patterning and a few other problems, its well documented on a number of other posts over the last month in this forum. There appears to be quite a few folk with the same problems! So beware!

7. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Have been into comet today to look at the telly's and spent most of the day flitting between shops to have a look at dif TV,s.

Tried to look at the 32 widescreen prologgic Panny but was disappionted with the speaker options unable to add extension front speakers so decided to go for the Tosh 32z17B, pic looked great in the shop also able to add extra front speakers to open up the front sound stage.

Has anyone got one of these telly's if so have you come across any problems, also what are the setting that have been talked about to get the pic looking at its best.

8. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    By the way the price for this set in comet is £999.95

9. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently own the 32z17b after buying from QED for £771.26 around 2 weeks ago.Enitially the picture looked great but after a few days once Id started to watch DVD noticed a very noticable distortion which is like a fingerprint stain stretching from the edges of the tv inwards once noticed it is very off putting and extremly annoying.It seems much more promenent on digital images on the anologue tv reception its extremly difficult to notice so if I owned sky digital the stain would be as noticable as it is on DVD. Have already had an engineer out to veiw it(he did nothing but did say could be a focus problem)he then said he would report problem to Toshiba that was on friday still waiting.Sorry if this puts you off, but two tvs are never the same so yours may be fine but there are other posts on this site which mention other peoples problems with this particular model.If I get the chance of changing the set Ill probly get the JVC 32ft1 nicam set.But apart from the problem on my tv the picture on the 32z17b is very good hopefully it is just a manufacturers fault.