1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32zp18p Tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by CHAD 8, Dec 31, 2002.

1. CHAD 8

CHAD 8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I OWN A TOSHIBA 32 ZP18P TV, WHICH I HAVE ENCOUNTERED A FEW PROBLEMS WITH, WHICH I WOULD LIKE YOUR ADVICE ON.WHEN THE SCREEN MOVEMENT IS LOW ,THERE ARE 3 HORIZONTAL BARS THAT ARE VERY NOTICABLE WHICH RUN ACROSS THE SCREEN.THEY FLUCTUATE UP AND DOWN SLIGHTLY.THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE.(EVERY AV CHANNEL HAS THEM,INCLUDING WHEN USIND DVD CONNECTED BY COMPONENT VIDEO.THERE IS ALSO GHOSTING FROM MY TERRESTRIAL ARIEL ONTO SCART 1(SKY DIGITAL).I HAVE REMOVED ALL CONNECTIONS ONE BY ONE BUT THE LINES ARE STILL THERE.THERE IS ALSO A BUZZING SOUND FROM THE SET IF CINEMA SCREEN MODE IS SELECTED.(VERY ANNOYING DURING QUIET DVD MOMENTS. THANKS.

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Please dont shout by using capitals, most people would not bother replying to a message presented like yours.

The set must be faulty as mine does not do this, time to call in the service man under the warranty, or if more than a year old quote the sale of goods act which requires a reasonable life expectancy of at least 5 years except for fair wear and tear in the case of a tv of this quality.

The buzzing is characteristic of a faulty power supply unit struggling to supply the power the set needs on cinema mode, and is a common fault. It may also have a bearing on the other problem, but seems unlikely.