1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZP18 owners in here

Discussion in 'TVs' started by RussB, Mar 29, 2002.

1. RussB

RussB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry to bring up this subject/TV again, but I'm a new owner and could do with some advice etc....

1. The TV has an excellent picture, but it seems a bit dark, can't get a bright picture without getting a snowy effect.

2. I have faint waves going from left to right, more noticable when I have NTL cable menu up, or white backgrounds.

3. Brought some good scart cables and really noticed a picture improvement. IXOS cables

4. Have had the annoying brightness flicker, flicks from bright to dim as in 1. most of the time it stays dim, would like to get it back to being brighter. I have applied the fixes 07H BS2 etc.

5. THe lights on the front of the telly, apart from the power on red light what are the others? and do they light up ever?

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks
    Russ

2. plb

plb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Russ, I have the 36ZP18P but hope the following is useful.

1. The TV has an excellent picture, but it seems a bit dark, can't get a bright picture without getting a snowy effect.

Make sure the sharpness control is set to -30 lower, any increase will exaggerate any picture noise.
    If this snowy effect is only effecting off air transmissions check your aerial connections.
    This set is capable of very good noise free off air transmissions if fed with a good rf signal.

2. I have faint waves going from left to right, more noticeable when I have NTL cable menu up, or white backgrounds.

I have an NTL STB and if used close to the TV can cause herringbone patterning. I have mine on a separate Hi Fi Stand with my amp etc.

3. Brought some good scart cables and really noticed a picture improvement. IXOS cables

Agreed.

4. Have had the annoying brightness flicker, flicks from bright to dim as in 1. most of the time it stays dim, would like to get it back to being brighter. I have applied the fixes 07H BS2 etc.

If you can not set the black level correctly using ether Video Essentials or Avia you can get a fairly good setting by doing the following. Look at say the end credits of a movie and wait until you get an all black screen then adjust the brightness level until the screen just goes from grey to black. Make sure you make these adjustments in a dimly lit room.

5. THe lights on the front of the telly, apart from the power on red light what are the others? and do they light up ever?

This information is in the owner’s manual. Lights in order from left to right Orange=Bilingual Transmissions. Green=Off Air Nicam Stereo Transmissions. Green=On Timer has been set. Red=Power On indicator.

Paul