1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZH46 smear/shadow problam

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Leifman, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Leifman

Leifman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well basicly iv'e noticed on my Toshiba 32ZH46 which i anyway give back tomorow (and get me a leowe aventos 3981 ZW) some smearing/shadowing on mainly "black scenes".
    i mean i watched football (or soccer to .us ppl) on it and all was fine... tho iv'e noticed that when watching tv,movie in black scenes if the movement is just too fast etc' you can see a small shadow from the previews action/item etc', basicly smearing/shadowing...
    i've noticed it both while tv watching and while playing a movie thro the xbox media center.
    just want to know if anyone else that had / seen this model work and noticed that same smearing/shadowing on black scenes (mostly folowed by none black ones but the objects from the black scene do smear/shadow in the next scene for a second or so)
    thanks in advance ;)

2. Tosher

Tosher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello mate
    The most obvious cause of this would be the noise reduction system. This works by averaging the incoming signal over several frames to reduce the effect of random noise caused by a poor RF signal. If your signal is good and for DVDs,etc make sure noise reduction is switched off as it does a noiseless picture no favours. It will cause blurring/smearing on fast moving scenes.