1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZD26P

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by scrapbook, Nov 12, 2003.

1. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Has anyone purchased one of these recently?

I have read all of the previous post on here about them, but was just wondering if people were still buying them and still having the same problems?

This TV gets great reviews in What Hi.Fi.

2. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a 36ZD26P am I'm delighted with it (see other thread). As I said there, the only minor problem I've experienced is when there's explosions or sudden noise in a soundtrack, the case reverberates even at low sound levels. For me this isn't a major problem as I watch movies through an AV amp.

Having said that, I wouldn't change set. For the price, I got my 36" for £1200, I think it's a bargain.

Oh, I've not noticed any humming, which I think as been reported elsewhere - and I'm pretty fussy about that sort of thing.

If you play video games, the default picture settings need major alteration but I guess that applies to most tvs.

Any more questions, shoot. :smoke:

3. dtsrules

dtsrules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had 2 of these and they are poor tv's. Spend your money elsewhere.

4. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    Yours may have been poor, mine has a superb picture. The only fault is a minor geometery fault that I will try fix using the service menu.
    You cannot describe them all as poor, thats just not so.:lesson:

5. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Thanks Mylo,

How long have you had yours, it doesn't sound long?

Have you any problems at all? Everyone else seems to have trouble with the picture unless it is on Picture Mode 3 - or what ever it is called!

I think they look great, not too deep, only 1 RGB, but component makes up for that for me.

Not too concerned about the sound as when watching DVD's the amp will be on.

6. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    8 months. I only noticed the minor geometery fault recently when I moved the Tv. I modified the stand to fit my center speaker. I calibrated my picture using Mode 3 and settings obtained from this forum. I have had no other faults with the set.

Regards, Mylo

This thread may help you,

http://www.avforums.com/forums/show...&threadid=46417

7. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    scrapbook, I think you'll hear horror stories about all widescreen sets. I originally set out to buy a PD30 but was initially put off by this forum... in the end the fact that for less money I could get a 36" ZD26P rather than a 32" PD30 made my mind up.

At the end of the day for every bad stories there's ten times as many happy people. My advice (and like I said, I'm no expert) is go and demo one yourself.

BTW I read through some old threads last night and my set definately does not hum!

8. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    i had one of these about a year ago and had nothing but hate for it,i had the 36inch version and had ALL the faults i think that where listed on that huge thread.geometry halo dark patches either side also i noticed on pretty much every tosh set i have seen you cant get a really good white or dark black,on stuff like down hill ski or slalom etc the snow looks slightly pink IMHO.anyway i binned that huge pile of crap and bought a sony 32ls60 and the pic tube and quality was a hell of a lot better than the tosh.also the 36inch tosh weighed in the same as a 32inch sony,now im not saying the heavier the better but maybe the build quality of sony sets is better ? and on a lighter note im glad everyone who had one of the tosh sets and was happy with it stay happy with it and also have a fault free time(dont wanna start a sony tosh flame war here lol) enjoy your sets boys.:smashin:

9. Jayb

Jayb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too trawled through all the threads on the forum when trying to decide which TV to go for, and while the tosh 32zd26p has had its share of problems I found it very difficult to find a brand that hasn't so I think SansSouci is spot on.

In the end I decided to go for the tosh and have had it for around 8 months. The only problem I have is the geometery which can be improved through the service menu. I havnt got around to it yet so it can't bother me that much and unless I point it out to friends they never notice.

As for calibration I approached it the same way as Mylo, these forums have proved invaluable.....:smashin:

I have coupled it with the Tosh sd520 via component leads which can handle ntsc progressive scan, makes R1 look excellent, not just getting rid of jaggies but really improving the colour depth IMO

My final point is with advice from the forums I managed to get John Lewis to price match £895 (£1100 in store at the time) and they threw in a free 5 year warranty......:D

So overall I am very very happy.......:smashin: :D