1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZD26P widescreen TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by absolutebeginer, Apr 22, 2003.

1. absolutebeginer

absolutebeginer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this award-winning TV late last year and I've had two so far and may be about to ask for a third. Can you help?

Both TVs have emitted a constant low-frequency, low-volume hum/buzz from the rear speakers. It is audible when the listening environment is dead quiet e.g. early morning or late night but not when the usual background household noise is around.

One engineer listened to the first TV before taking it away and expressed the view that the coil was probably faulty. He commented that the TV needed to be turned up slightly to cover the hum.

After I found the same noise coming from the second TV, I asked Toshiba and they gave me the following response..."you will be able hear a slight noise from any piece of electrical equipment. As this television is 100Hz it is possible to hear the scan coils, which wouldn't be heard on a 50Hz set for example."

I can hear this noise from the front of the TV - several feet away. I thought TVs were supposed to be absolutely quiet - unless you've got your ear stuck up against the speakers! AM I expecting too much?