1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32zd26p - EXT1 RGB Digibox Query

Discussion in 'TVs' started by rhowell79, Dec 31, 2002.

1. rhowell79

rhowell79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Have one of these great tv's but am trying to get the best out of my digibox. I have selected RGB out on the box, when I turn on the TV it switches to "ext1 / 8". If I change the input it switches to "ext1". After cycling through them all the "ext1 /8" is no longer available unless I turn off then back on again.

I know the digibox sends composite + rgb over the scart as I could view either of them on my old sony 25".

So the question is: how do I know i'm viewing the RGB feed without snipping the composite pins or buying a QED RGB only Scart? Thanks

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    I understand what you are refering to as i have the same TV. And i have also noticed the EXT1/8 appear on the top corner of the screen, except its not an 8 on mine its what ever channel i was on, eg BBC1. But as far as i know you ARE watching a RGB signal as long as you have a fully wired scart, selected RGB and Scart control on in the setup menu on sky, and obviously connected to scart numbber 1 on the tv.:p

3. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You ARE watching RGB,

so long as your SCART cable is good quality, fully-terminated, you'll be getting the RGB signal on Ext1

One easy way to tell is to switch manually to EXT1, then switch between RGB and PAL on the digibox - you should see the TV manually adjust itself between composite and RGB, and trust me, you will see the difference.

the '/8', as iamtheone told you, is just the autoswitching feature telling you what channel the telly's tuner is set to (if it's always '8' on your set, you seem to like channel '8' for some reason!!:clown: )

Don't worry - it's working fine.

Moory