Toshiba 32ZD26p Designer Mode

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by cow, Sep 27, 2002.

1. cow

cow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a thread about the service mode for this set here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46417

To obtain the designer mode for the set you first need to enter the service mode:

"Press mute (on the remote) then press and hold mute again, press the menu button on the side of the TV (whilst mute is still being pressed)."

To enter the designer mode:

Press and hold the call button on the remote. While holding the call button press the menu button on the TV set. You should then see a "D" on the screen.

Changing the channel up and down on the remote, scrolls through the various parameters. Adjusting the volume up and down via the remote, changes the value of the selected parameter.

To exit and store the settings switch the TV off.

Be careful in there, you can alter any one of 665 settings in the designer mode. Not sure what they do apart from some of the duplicated ones from the service mode.

It is always wise to make a note of all your default settings before adjusting anything. You might be there a while recording 665 different values though. :)

If anyone knows how to remove moiré from the picture using the service and designer modes please share. According to the Toshiba help desk it is possible.

Any adjustments made in these modes are done at the owners own risk.

regards
    cow

2. cow

cow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to add that :

"if you press the AV input button on the remote, whilst in Service Mode, then you get a full colour field for the three primary colours, and then a grid pattern generated by the TV" - Thanks gmt steve

regards
    cow

3. bibooo

bibooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Very useful information.

I will try to order a service manual and learn exactly what I am taking on, I'm sure I can make this TV absolutely perfect; but then again I might be aspiring to achieve the impossible.

Thanks.

4. cow

cow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bibooo,

If you do get a service manual for the TV will you pass on any useful information you find out. I am keen to calibrate the set as fully as possible.

regards
    cow

5. bibooo

bibooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Sure thing.

6. ldoodle

ldoodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bibooo,

I know it's an old subject but... any news on obtaining the service manual?