1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZD26b Muorie effect? (like checkered patterns)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by djg1, Mar 2, 2003.

1. djg1

djg1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PLease help!

having read many of the huge amount of threads on the Toshiba 32ZD26b, and seen that picture mode 3 supposed to improve the picture (then tweak slightly), i still did not see any improvement on the Muorie Effect (think that how u spell it), this is a checkered like patteren on edges and on brightly lit areas of the picture.

It drives me mad, having looked at anologue pictures on the Tosh (through arial and Video) it is always present.

Having messed about with the settings i noticed that if u alter the Sharpness down to about minus 15 - 20 it improves alot. However doing this makes the picture less sharp and very blurry indeed and looks crap. otherwise i like the tv and is the only thing stoping me from buying the set.

Apart from i dont really know what FOOTBALL is like on the set and if this looks any good or not? DOES ANY BODY KNOW?

And do Videos look crap like a lot of 100htz sets or not?

2. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    are you sure its moire you see? no-one else has mentioned this problem occuring with the stratas

3. djg1

djg1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Moir effect i see consists of what the magazine reviews said about it and described it as suffering from "digital sroud".

Having read that the "Moir" effect consists of a checkered like patterns around and on edges and bright colour, having looked at this TV in many stores it always has this problem.

When i altered the sttings (even tried Pic Mode 3 etc) only when i reduced the sharpness did this moir like checkered pattern start to be reduce.... but with it went the sharpness of the overall picture and became blurry.

Have u not noticed this?

P.S. whats your video playvback like on yours (assuming u have this set)?

Thanx.

DJG1:smashin:

4. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    This effect that you are seeing is not moire. Moire looks like thin and long 'spider legs' (for want of a much better term) that stretch inwards from the sides of the screen.

The effect you are seeing happens on many 100Hz sets and is a side effect of the 100Hz processing. Changing to prog scan or upping the noise reduction as opposed to changing the sharpness should solve this. Also, odds are the source isn't the best. If the feed was RGB or component DVD i would reckon the image would be a lot sharper.

I don't have this set, but current views seem to suggest the image is incredible on it, i'm a Sony FS76 kind of bloke m'self.