1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32zd26

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pauldarrington, Jul 23, 2002.

1. pauldarrington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I am currently in the process of returning my Sony KV32 FQ75 (with the now infamous scrolling bars) and was considering the new toshiba as an alternative. The problem with the sony is apparently caused by the oscillator which switches between 50hz and 100hz causing a seem moving accross the screen. I was wondering about the new tosh, it is a 100hz tv but the progreesive scan mode runs at 50hz so does this cause any problems similar or otherwise to the sony.

Also I have read that some people complain about the the dirty screen effect. I saw the tosh in currys yesterday and luckily it was next to an fq75. I messed with settings for quite a while but could not seem to get the flesh tones right compared th the sony, seemed to be the dirty screen effect but perhaps i did not get the settings quite right. Feedback from owners of the tv would be much appreciated as the mags nowdays seem to be somewhat unreliable. Case in point no mention in the mags of the scrolling bars on my fq75. I will admit the fq gives a fantastic picture but with an unacceptable problem