1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32zd26

Discussion in 'TVs' started by tellysavalas, Nov 12, 2003.

1. tellysavalas

tellysavalas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all
    I've just retired my 15 year old Toshiba 21" Blackstripe which still has a great pic. but is too small.
    Just bought a Toshiba 32zd26 and got problems. 1) purple patches bottom left and right 2) blotchiness on some backgrounds e.g blue walls 3) black horizontal bar at top of screen on some broadcasts is wider at right hand side of screen (as viewed).
    Any suggestions? Might I have a demic example?
    The only connected equipment is the cable box with cable feed to box and scart from box to tv, also terrestrial arial direct to tv. Faults show on cable and terrestrial.
    Any comments welcome
    Thanks
    G

2. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought me a 36ZD26P and I'm delighted with it. Having said that, a minor problem that I've found is that the casing reverberates when the volume ina soundtrack suddenly goes up: but seeing as I watch movies through my AV amp, I can put up with this.

I know what you mean about the black bar at the top being bigger on one side. I fixed this by altering the geomagnetic balance, however I'm not sure this is an option on the smaller 32" screen.

I'm no expert, but do you have speakers that aren't magnetically shielded close to the screen?