1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZD26: Greenish tinge on some PAL DVDs

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Bruce Morrison, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Bruce Morrison

Bruce Morrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I've just bought the Toshiba 32ZD26, and I'm very pleased with the performance for R1 DVDs (which account for most of my DVD collection) and for UK broadcasts. However, I've been playing a few R2 PAL DVDs of fairly old BBC material (Porridge, Yes Minister, etc) dating from the 70's and early 80's, and I've noticed a consistent slight greenish tinge affecting backgrounds (walls of rooms, etc.) that ought to have a neutral grey or beige colour. I don't know whether this indicates a problem with the TV or whether it's due to limitations in the mastering of quite old video masters. I haven't noticed any problem at all with RI NTSC DVDs of movies, which look really impressive in the progressive scan mode. Has anyone else experienced this kind of effect on PAL DVDs, and can you suggest whether it's likely to be a problem with the TV and, if so, how it could be cured? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.