1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZD26 digital shroud?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by djg1, Feb 25, 2003.

1. djg1

djg1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi everyone.

Has anybody noticed the very small digital blocking which appears on the Toshiba32ZD26? Some reviews i have read call this "Digital Shroud", but it seems much worse on this tosh than any other 100htz TV. Its a shame because i think the picture is v good apart from that. But it effects everything, especially on hard edges etc. I have looked at the Tosh Picture frame TV, this has it too but its hardly noticeable compared to the new Strarta TV. Is it due to bad arial? or is the TV like this all the time? I will be using a normal arial and a sky digital box aswell as my video recorder as viewing sources.

Please help. i have this money only once and dont want to make the wrong purchase!

which is the best? the Panasonic 32PB50 -- the Toshiba 32ZD26 or the Toshiba Picture frame set?

not to bothered about sound just the pics as i can upgrade that if need be.

Please help.:clap: :clap: :clap:

2. clety

clety

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently purchased Toshiba 32zd26p and am very pleased with it. I havn't noticed any 'digital shroud'. I had a panny before 32pl10 but I quickly changed that to the Toshiba and never looked back! so yes, 32zd26p is the best, in my view.

3. djg1

djg1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI..

I know 100htz TV's mostly always look good with sky and dvd's but...

Can u tell me, when u play a Video, what is the picture quality like compared to a normal 100htz Tv which has not got the Active and more impotantly PROG SCAN modes on them?

I recently tried a video on my brother Panasonic PL10, (normal 100htz set with no prog scan mode) and the picture was terrible.
    I tried different settings on the TV including taking the NR off, but it still looked bad.

When u activate Prog scan mode when playing a video is it as clear a quality as a normal 50htz set or is it the same as when the Tv is in normal 100htz mode?

Secondly.... when watching fast panning or moving action like sports and football etc.. With Prog scan on, does this get rid of all the blurryness and slightly soft and not very sharp picture you see on most normal 100htz sets?
    and with this ON is it more like the stable and clear 50htz TV but without the fliker?

Sorry i know i am asking alot.... but in your opinion and from what u have seen
    and fianlly... which one should i buy?

Toshiba 32Zd26 (like yours)
    Panasonic 32Pb50
    or Panasonic 32PL1 (50htz set)

much appreciated.
    DAZ