1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32zd09b Impressions

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dr_Deranged, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Dr_Deranged

Dr_Deranged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my 32zd09 from Rings Electrical,So far the only problems have been screen tilt and curvature. Anyone else brought this TV? What are your impressions?

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Screen tilt is common and can be fixed by an engineer willing to undertake the task. Although most won't bother if the tilt is less than 5mm.

Curving is easily fixed in the service menu. Loads of resources to the Toshiba service menu on google under the uk.media.home-cinema newsgroup (toshiba models all share similar set-ups, it's just the values vary).

3. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    Got mine 3 months ago and overall i am very pleased with it.A couple of things i found with it...1.Before i upgraded to a seperate amp i tried connecting 2 digital inputs at the same time and found that the optical is always overriden by the coaxial.2.If you have a DVD player connected to it set the WSS to off.If you set it to on then your menu screens will be in 4:3,only switching to wide when the film starts.

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't get that.

If you turn WSS off, the tv will not switch into wide mode automatically.

I've had a 32MW7DB and now a 32ZP18P from Toshiba and neither had a problem like you mention. I cannot see why your model would differ considering many of the parts and software are the same.

5. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    This puzzled me when i got the tv because i naturally assumed that i should have the WSS set to on but i couldnt understand how every time i switched on my DVD (Toshiba 210e) the menu screen defaulted to 4:3 regardless of my original setting,and only changing to wide when the film started.I tried switching the WSS to off and this cured the problem.I have the tv set to super-live for normal viewing and it stays on this format until it receives a wide screen signal from either my DVD or ITV Digital box when it switches to widescreen.I know that this seems that the WSS is set to on but believe me it is set to off.If i set it to on everything will switch to widescreen just the same but like i said when i switch on my DVD it defaults to 4:3.Its working exactly the way i want it to so i am happy.
    I would however be interested to find out if Dr_Deranged's tv does the same.

6. Dr_Deranged

Dr_Deranged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WSS is set to ON on my TV (connecting to 210), and the menu is always wide by default. Your WSS settings seem to act opposite to what they are.

7. Surreal

Surreal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My tosh 32zd09b does the same as Ron 240's. It's connected to a Sony DVP-CX850D DVD player and the menu always switches to 4:3 when WSS is on.

Although I'm happy with the pictures, I find my cabinet rattles when the subwoofer is on. It's set to 70, otherwise I can't hear much bass or rumble. What do you lot reckon is the best setting for optimum sound whilst wathching DVD?

8. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    I would agree with you if it didnt switch to wide with the WSS set to on.My tv will switch to wide when it receives a wide screen signal from my DVD or digital box regardless of whether the WSS is set to on or off.But it is detrimental to me to have the WSS set to on because whenever i switch on my DVD the menu screens are in 4:3,so the WSS option is of no use or importance to me.I thought that this might be common to all models of this type.