1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZD09B Brightness problem!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Thommo, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Thommo

Thommo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this set for about 2 months now and have noticed that on digital, analogue and occassionally DVD signals, the picture momentarily increases brightness level slightly. This is with 100Hz on or off, and DNR on or off. Is there some way of accessing 'hidden' menus for this model? If so, is it a simple process of adjustment, or can anyone give me some guide lines?
    I'd greatly appreciate some advise from those more in the know than me! :confused:

2. Thommo

Thommo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can no one offer me any advice/assistance? :(

3. Pedro

Pedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Someone else has had a simular problem with a toshiba TV on this forum as well as myself.
    The fix is to change the values below once you are in the designer menu (access details are provided)WARNING if you do not know what you are doing DO NOT mess about as you can *nacker your TV.
    As its still under warrenty get a service engineer to sort it for you.

1.Press mute and release (on the remote)
    2.Press mute and keep it pressed down.(remote) and Press menu (on front of tv)
    at the same time.
    That enters the "S" service menu.

To enter the "D" designer menu, you go into the service menu and then press and hold down CALL on the remote and then press menu on the front of the tv

O.K Engineer just popped round to sort out the fix for the brightness problem.
    The Paramaters to change in the designer menu are as follows:
    BS2
    2BS2
    3BS2
    WBS2
    NBS2

The values on all these paramaters need to change to 07H

Example: My Old values were:
    BS2 = 09H
    2BS2= 00H
    3BS2= C4H
    WBS2= 09H
    NBS2= 09H

I hope this helps anyone who is suffering the same problem

To change from say item 3bs2 to another item say wbs2 you use the program up/down rocker switch on the remote until you see the item you need to change.
    To change the VALUE (hex value) from say 09h
    to 07h you use the volume rocker switch on your remote control.Its easy to do BUT you MUST write down any orginal setting BEFORE you change it - you have been warned !!!!!

In these two menus you can change many aspects such as geometry / colour etc. etc.
    If you search on the Internet you can discover what some of these settings mean.

To get out of either the service menu or designer menu and save the settings power the TV off from the TV set (not the remote)

Remember DO NOT MESS about if your not SURE of what you are doing - get an engineer.

Other information on the Toshiba service/designer menus can be found here

Regards

Pete

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Pedro ]