1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZD09. Help!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by RiskyLuca, Aug 11, 2002.

1. RiskyLuca

RiskyLuca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sincere apologies if I'm going over old ground but I'm new to computers/forums etc. I only wish I'd been aware of all the negative feedback on Tosh TV's (that I've just spent 3 hours trudging through) before buying said TV.
    To cut a long story short - purchased the 32ZD09 from Robert Whyte - total waste of space - very nice on the phone but never keep their promises, drag things out over months rather than days or weeks.
    Noticed all the problems that have been widely documented on the 32 & 36 zp18's (same tube as zd09) on the day tv arrived. Took 3 months before a "repair man" from a company called 'Roy Townsend' came and had a look - my 10 year old had a better grasp of the problems!
    I got Toshiba involved and an engineer came round - very helpful -improved some of the problems but still left with curved geometry, bleaching from the middle and 'dirty' screen effect. Was told these were within acceptable Tosh levels and were not extreme enough to warrant a replacement.
    Never owning a 'large' TV before, was naive enough to accept this flannel.
    However much I try to ignore these problems I am still constantly drawn to them.
    Now coming round to the end of it's 1 year warranty (although for what it's worth I've a 5 year warranty with Robert Whyte!!)
    What are the chances of a refund or swap for another manufacturer with the retailer!?
    Surely I am entitled to a replacement from Toshiba?
    Have Toshiba sorted out the problems or am I likely to see the same discrepancies on a potential 2nd, 3rd, 4th...replacement?
    Please help as I still get nagged for spending £1400 on a TV that falls well below expectation.

Many thanks.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Take a look at this thread and see what you think.

To be honest, as you've had the set this long and "accepted" the problems I don't think that you are going to get much joy. But as the saying goes: Nothing ventured.... nothing gained.

Good luck!