1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32ZD08B

Discussion in 'TVs' started by rvfbill, Oct 9, 2004.

1. rvfbill

rvfbill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ALL, I've had my Tosh for 31/2 yrs of trouble free viewing until now. The problem is the front speakers have gone off, both the internal ones and the external ones. Also the headphone socket is now not working either! In surrond test mode no signal from either front speakers centre and both rears fine. I've tried several pairs of h/phones but still no sound.
    Does anyone have any ideas or is it time for a callout ! ??

Cheers Bill

2. fozzy73

fozzy73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    unfortunately mate sounds liek an engineer problem unless you have a little one who may have swicthed off the speakers from a menu setting not very up on this model but i can tell by the model number its gonna be good picture good luck

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

Is it the Internal / External speaker selector switch on the back panel of tv ?
    Try moving it from side to side.
    Are the wires to the external speakers making proper contact with the tv speaker terminals ?
    It could be a dry joint in the processor or audio pcb ?

Probably time for a call out.

Actually you are doing well for this model to last so long, usually the tube goes faulty by now. Have the engineer check it if you are claiming under a warranty. :cool: