1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32Z33

Discussion in 'TVs' started by scrapbook, Nov 12, 2003.

1. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    There have been a few posts on here recently about this TV, has anyone actually brought one recently?

2. k0rcha

k0rcha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea I did. I'm very disappointed with it. The picture is worse than my brothers 10 year old sony TV by quite a margin. I have to say I expected good things from it but no such luck :(

3. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    Anything in particular wrong with the picture or just completely BAD??

This is all very confusing - a post 'Toshiba Picture Problem' talks about the same TV ans says it's great apart from.....!

It seems to me that with all these TV's you seem to get good 'uns and bad 'uns depending upon nothing more than luck!

The quality control of these manufacturers must be very poor!

4. k0rcha

k0rcha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I can only tell you about mine and In my opinion(!) The picture is pretty bad. It looks 'noisy' nearly all the time and the colour is shockingly bad. You know when there is fine details on things and they are of a similar colour? well generally they go one colour with no detail. I don't know if mine is a bad one or whether the z23 is better but im not happy with it... Apart from that though, if you do get a good one with a good picture, the geometry is good and it works ok (only 2 scarts though and no s-video).

Chris

5. Russell_S

Russell_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

I recently got a 32Z23B which I think is pretty much the same as yours but sent it back due to problems. Yhe picture geometry was dreadfull, and it changed with bright scenes which indicates poor power supply regulation. Also the picture sloped from one side to the other and unfortunately this model doesn't have a tilt/rotation control.

Because of these problems, I sent it back and got a JVC instead.

Hope this is helpfull to you

6. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    Oh dear - sounds very cheap and nasty - another one off the shortlist.

I must admit I keep coming back to the JVC - slight issue with the RGB supposedly, but other than that a good 50hz by all accounts.

If only it didn't look so wide!

7. Russell_S

Russell_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

I have to say that the picture quality of the JVC was second to none and the geometry was cock on. There was however a slight convergence error in the bottom right hand corner. I called an engineer out for this and he said it was most uncommon these days and Comet agreed to exchange the set.

There were two things however that I didn't like about the set, one was it's general looks (but thats down to personal taste), and secondly I wasn't very happy with the stand. There wasn't much weight at the back which meant it was rather front heavy and i didn't think it would take much persuasion to tip over forwards. I would be worried about small kids trying to reach something on top of the set and pulling it over. This may be me being over paranoid but it did worry me.

Anyway the upshot of this is that when I exchanged the set at Comet I went for a Philips 100hz instead. I have only just got home with it and installed it so no comments yet.

Regards

Russell