1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32Z17B - Any info available?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Orson, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    I'm considering the Toshiba 32Z17B, but can't find any info on it in this forum. Does anyone have one? or eheard anything about this model?

The best I have seen it for is £725 + delivery (£45 :rolleyes: )

Any opinions or info would be greatly appreciated......

Thanks

David

2. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    I guess either these tv's or me are just not very popular..:confused:

David

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's one of the Toshiba budget models. It's not one of their finest models but its certainly well worth considering.

There are no real problems with the tv (as you probably can guess from the lack of posts).

4. LunarDave

LunarDave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought one recently from (www.qed-uk.com).
    I paid something like £650 for it, but I now notice QED have not got it listed any more. I couldn't find anyone else who could get near that price. The delivery was slow (6 weeks), but I wasn't too worried because I think I got a bargain.

The TV is also listed at a few retailers as 32Z17KIT, which is the one I bought.
    I did a bit of research at the time I ordered and couldn't find any differences between the KIT and the B models. I did get a vague answer from someone that KIT meant the stand was included, but that seemed a bit wooly to me.

I bought this model because I wanted a w/s tv but didn't want to spend mega-bucks, as I want to buy a plasma screen within the next couple of years, when I can afford it..

I've only had it a few days, but I'm really happy with it.
    I haven't noticed any problems with it, apart from a shimmering effect around high contrast items which disappeared once the tv had been on for a few hours and has not returned - the picture looks great to me now and I'm very happy with it.

The TV itself does look very "chunky" compared to some of the newer models around at the moment, but the one I got is a nice silver colour (also comes in a horrible dark grey colour).

I've no idea what the TV's sound is like, because I just plugged it straight into my amp.

Hope this helps!

5. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    Thanks for the info, QED no longer stock this model, & others say they will have stock soon. I'm thinking about picking another.......

Thanks

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Dad has just bought one of these from tescos online for 799 inc vat & deliver.

One good point is that it has a no quibble 14 day return for no reason, so if there are any little querks about it you didint like you can ring them up and they come and collect it free and give a full refund!!

Plus tescos have a good customer service policy... :)