1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOSHIBA 32YT56 - Reviews required.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Actuator, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Actuator

Actuator
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I am looking for some reviews on the TOSHIBA 32YT56, in currys it has a rating from what tv and wideo magazine of 4/5 for picture, sound and connectivity but I cant find the full review piece or any others for it.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks

2. botty

botty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Have a look at the post about 32yt56 sound issues.
    It may be the only review you'll need.
    Hope this helps.

3. aekostas

aekostas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Indeed, if I was buying I would search the forum for specific posts about the TV of interest, and also have a look at http://www.homecinemachoice.com/reviews/ and any other source of info I could. I would also visit a local retailer to see if my eyes like what they see. One such visit, for example, persuaded me that LCDs (at least the ones I saw) are far worse in colour, contrast and feel than my dying, 8-yo Grundig. Of course they may have tuned them badly, but...

In particular for Toshiba, I would validate and assess the impact of the statement that Toshiba has pulled out of the CRT market.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

4. neenaw

neenaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I considered this tv - briefly.

It's got 5/5 here - http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=6312 (you could've found that review by using the search facility on this forum) but it says the bad points are:

geometry issues
    brightness imbalance
    edge halos

the 3rd point was exactly what put me off this tv when i saw it in the shop. at first the picture looked great, and for the most it is, but when there were still images the edge halos and flickering were awful! and this was from a good 6ft or so away.